Are you craving Chinese food? Here’s our Chicken Manchurian recipe 😊
Drizzled with some amazing sauces to elevate the flavor and tossed with fresh spring onions and green chilies, Chicken Manchurian is sure a guilty pleasure. Team it up with fried rice or delicious noodles or have them as an appetizer.
- Bone chicken cut into cubes – 500gms
- Bell Peppers cut into cubes – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic – 2 cloves
- Finely chopped spring onions – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chilies – 3-4
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies sauce – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Spring onions greens – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup + 1 1/2tbsp
- Oil for deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut into cubes. Take a bowl, add the chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste and salt and keep it aside.
- Take another bowl, add all-purpose flour, corn flour, 1 tsp of soya sauce and salt. Add water little by little and mix gently with a whisk to remove lumps.
- Heat oil in a wok and once the oil is hot, dip the chicken pieces in this mixture and deep fry until golden brown. To have a complete crispy manchurian double fry them.
- In another wok, add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add garlic and fry for a few seconds. Make sure you are on high flame.
- Add onions, spring onions and green chilies and fry again quickly.
- Add bell peppers. You can use all mixed colored bell peppers, if you desire.
- Cook the peppers until crisp.
- Now add soya sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce and green chili sauce, black pepper powder and salt as required. Go easy on the salt as all of the above sauces already have some salt in them.
- Mix 1 1/2 tbsp of corn flour into about 1/2 a cup water and pour it into the wok. Mix well and this helps in making the sauce thicker.
- Now add the chicken and mix well. Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens and serve immediately.
- You can serve them with Fried rice or noodles or have them as an appetizer.