Mum loved baking; it gave her immense pleasure and joy.
We sisters, loved to see Mum bake. She would hum songs as she mixed in all her ingredients and set up the oven 🙂
Remembering Mum’s Walnut Banana Muffin, Didi tries her hand at it. It looks yummylicious!
Treat yourself to an utterly sweet world!
Walnut Banana Muffin
© Mujahid Khaleel
Banana – 2 over riped
Walnut – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
Butter – 2 over riped
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1 (room temperature)’
Milk – 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready with the above mentioned measurements before you start preparing the cake.
- If you do not have powered sugar, powder it and then measure. Here you will need 1 cup.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt thrice so that all are very well mixed.
- Use softened butter. Do not melt.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. If refrigerated keep them out for about an hour before baking.
- Line the muffin tray with paper cake cups. If you don’t have them, grease the tray with butter and dust with Maida so that the Muffins come off easily once baked.
- Preheat at 375 F or 190 C till it becomes hot.
- Mash the bananas and butter together without any lumps. Mash the bananas a little before adding the butter it becomes easier to mash.
- Beat the egg separately with vanilla essence. Do not overbeat.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg and milk.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet.
- Stop when they are just moistened otherwise the muffin will turn out to be hard.
- Slowly fold in the walnuts.
- Pour this mixture into the paper cake cups and bake at 375 F or 190 C for about 20 -25 minutes. Time may vary for each oven.
- Check if the muffin is baked with a tooth pick. The muffin is done if it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Serve muffins for breakfast or have them with your evening tea.
- You can substitute walnuts for any nuts of your choice or make it just plain.
- This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Thank You Mum for the awesome muffins!
Do try them out and have a chocolaty time!
Choco almond muffins by mum!
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Eggs – 4
- Almonds powdered – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Maida – 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 7 tbsp
- Almonds chopped – 12
Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl.
Add melted butter and beat. Mix in the mixture of maida, cocoa and almond powder.
Add vanilla essence.
Pour into muffin moulds, top with chopped almonds and bake for about 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
Mummy loved baking for her grandchildren. It gave her immense joy. She had baked chocolate muffins for Mehran and Manal, her grandchildren she simply adored 🙂
Do try them this Christmas!
- Dark chocolate – 800 gms
- Butter – 100 gms
- Eggs – 4
- Baking powder – 3 tsps
- Maida – 1 1/3 cups
- Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla essence
- Milk – half cup
- Soda – ¼ tsp
Sieve maida, soda and baking powder. Melt chocolate, add essence
Beat the eggs. Mix everything in a bowl. Place the paper cuts on the muffin tray.
Pour the mix into paper cuts and bake at 180 Celsius for 30 minutes.