Snacks to munch at home!
Mum would make Diamond cuts and this would make for a crunchy evening snack when watching TV with the family 🙂
Image Courtesy: Mujahid Khaleel
- Maida – 2 cups
- Oil – 2
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Mix maida, salt, oil and make into stiff dough with water
- Roll dough very thin, cut into strips and then into diamonds
- Deep fry the diamond cuts till slightly brown and crisp
- Serve with powdered sugar
Chocolate cake is simply irresistible!
Didi baked it for her cute kids, just like how Mum used to for all of us 🙂
Here’s the picture courtesy, Jeeju.
Pic Courtesy: Mujahid Khaleel
- Eggs – 4
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking POwder – 1 3/4 tsp
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready with the above mentioned measurements before you start preparing the cake.
- If you do not have powered sugar, powder it and then measure. Here you will need 1 1/4 cup.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder thrice so that all are very well mixed.
- Softened the butter before beating. Do not melt.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. If refrigerated keep them out for about an hour before baking.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and dust with Maida so that the cake comes off easily once baked. You can miss this step if you have a greased tray.
- Preheat at 180-200 degree Celsius till it becomes hot
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy. Make sure to beat in one direction
- Beat eggs separately one by one with vanilla essence.
- Add beaten egg to the butter-sugar and mix well. Do not allow the mixture to curdle
- Mix the sieved flour to the butter-sugar-egg mixture slowly and fold to a dropping consistency. Do not allow to curdle
- Pour this mixture into the baking tray and bake for 220 degree Celsius for about 20 minutes. Time may vary for each oven.
- Check if the cake is baked with a tooth pick. The cake is done if it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
Thank You Didi! Just brought back memories when Mum would bake for us.