Christmas is round the corner! It’s time to indulge in a delicious spread. Here’s a simple yet irresistibly yummy roast chicken recipe. We’re sure you will love it! Do try it out and let us know how it went 🙂
- Chicken legs – 6 pieces
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 6-8
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- White distilled vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Make slits on the checks pieces after thoroughly washing them. Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, vinegar, garam masala, cumin powder and some salt. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, lemon juice and salt into a smooth paste. Add half of the paste to the chicken and refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken pieces till slightly brown.
- Add in the remaining paste and some water. Cover and cook the chicken.
- Once the chicken is done, roast till dry.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Mummy’s delicious Paratha’s would kick start our day 🙂
From aloo to paneer, Mum made the most amazing Parathas for us.
Here is our favourite aloo paratha 🙂
For the dough
- Wheat flour – 1 ¾ cup
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
For the stuffing
- Potatoes – ½ kg
- Green chillies – 8
- Ginger-garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Finely cut coriander leaves
Cook potatoes. Peel and mash
Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed potatoes
Make medium sized balls from the dough. Flatten each ball and put the filling inside. Close and seal well all around. Press and dredge in wheat flour and roll out into thick parathas. Heat ‘tawa’ and fry the parathas using oil. Serve hot with curd or ketchup 🙂