We have been out of action for a while! But, here we are with another easy and delicious recipe. If you’re looking for something spicy, try Noor’s Kadai Chicken 🙂
Chicken – 500 gms
Thinly sliced onion – 1 large
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Green pepper / capsicum cut into cubes – 1 medium
Onion cut into cubes – 1 small
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red chili – 2
Julienned ginger – 1/2 inch
Slit Green chilies- 2-3
Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – 4+2 tbsp or as required
Salt – as required
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add thinly sliced onions and fry for some time.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the onions turn golden brown. Meanwhile, dice and grind the tomatoes.
- Now add the ground tomatoes and fry well.
- Add all the powders and fry until the masala is done.
- Time to add the chicken.
- Fry for about 5 mins , add a little water and cook until the chicken is done.
- Now add finely chopped coriander leaves and keep the chicken on low flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Once it splutters add coriander seeds and broken dry red chilies.
- Now toss in the green peppers and onions and fry. Do not overcook.
- Add them to the chicken, mix well and cook for about a minute. Remove from fire.
- Garnish with julienned ginger and slit green chilies.
- Relish it with any roti of your choice.
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Onion thinly sliced – 1 large
- Tomato – 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste – 11/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Cumin powder – 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder -1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Shallots – 15
- Mint leaves – 15-20
- Green chilies slit – 3
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and marinate with 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste, salt and 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions till golden brown. Meanwhile, dice the tomato
- Blend the fried onions (oil drained from the onions and cooled), tomato, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Fry this paste well until the raw smell goes and oil separate
- Add the marinated chicken and fry well
- After sometime add remaining red chili powder , Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder ,garam masala powder and salt. Mix well until all the masalas are well incorporated
- Whisk the yogurt and add it to the chicken and mix immediately
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the coriander leaves and cream and cook for about 2 minutes
Peel the shallots and separate each layer. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan. Fry the shallots, mint leaves, green chilies and kasoori methi for less than a minute.
Pour it over the chicken and serve immediately with Tandoori naan, Kulcha or Roti
Here’s Pepper Grilled Chicken recipe. It’s delicious and simple.
Mummy would add pepper to the chicken to spice it up in a simple manner. The flavours make it hard to resist. Do try it out this weekend 🙂
- Chicken legs – 6 pieces
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp or as required
- Oil – 6 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients from ginger garlic paste to oil in a small bowl to make the marinade
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and make slits with a sharp knife on the chicken legs
- This is done to coat the marinade well in the chicken
- Allow to marinate for about 3 – 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil and place the chicken pieces. Brush some more oil on the chicken if required
- Bake for about 40 minutes, 20 minutes on each side. Time may vary depending on the oven
- Serve hot and enjoy the juicy chicken legs just like that
For all those who just can’t get enough of chicken, here is Methi Murg, delicious and simple recipe by Mum.
Have this lip-smacking dish with roti or rice.
Picture Courtesy: Mujahid Khaleel
For marination :
- Chicken – 500gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Curd – 2-3 tbsp
- A little salt
- Onion finely chopped- 1 large
- Whole garsm masala- 2 cloves,2 cardamom 2 cinnamon
- Bay leaf -1
- Tomato (1finely chopped, 1 puree) -2 large
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Kasoori methi – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cashews – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 3 tbsp
- Green chillies – 4
- Ginger jullienes – 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt as required
- Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt and curd for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a kadai, add whole garam masala and bay leaf
- After few seconds add finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown
- Add ginger-garlic paste, fry, add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree
- Fry till the oil separates and raw smell goes
- When masala is done, add marinated chicken and cook for few minutes
- Add chilli-coriander-turmetic-garam masala powders
- Crush kasoori methi, add it to the chicken , mix well, cover and cook
- Grind the cashews to a paste, add it to the chicken and cook for sometime
- Now add cream, ginger-jullienes, slit green chillies, fresh corainder, and cook for a few more minutes untill the chicken is cooked
- Serve with hot plain paratha or rice