• Button Mushrooms – 500 grams
• Finely chopped Onions – ½ Cup
• Finely chopped Garlic – 9-1- large cloves
• Olive Oil – 3-4 tbsp
• Extra Virgin Chili Pepper Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
• Fresh Thyme – 1 tbsp
• Finely chopped Parsley – few springs
• Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
• Salt as required Method:
• Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, strain the water and immediately pat dry. This helps the mushroom from blackening. I like to remove the stems completely. You can just trim them.
• Heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
• Add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
• Add the finely chopped garlic and saute for another minute.
• Now add the mushrooms and fry well until they are lightly roasted.
• Once they are lightly roasted, add salt and black pepper powder.
• Continue to cook them until they are done on low flame for about 10 minutes uncovered.
• About 5 minutes into cooking, add the fresh thyme and finely chopped parsley. You can add more and any herbs you like.
• Lastly, add in extra virgin chili pepper olive oil depending on your spice level and mix.
• Serve hot with some Alfredo pasta and a piece of chicken or with some rice and fish or any other combinations you may like.
As Ramadan comes to an end, we wish you and your family Eid Mubarak!
Have an awesome Eid with your family. Hope this Eid brings you immense joy, happiness and blessings.
Boneless chicken cut into cubes – 500 gms
Bell pepper (green, red) – 1 each small size
Onions – 1 small
Skewers – 5
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1 1/2tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – 2-3 tbsp
Salt – as required
Hung curd – 3 heap tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 6 tsp
First prepare the hung curd which is used in the second marinade. By using curd as it is, water tends to ooze out while grilling. For hung curd, pour the curd into a muslin cloth and tie it around the tap for the water to drip. Since it is only 2 heaps tbsp, it would take less than half an hour for the process.
Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut into cubes, medium size. You can use bell peppers and onions as well that is cut into cubes. This is totally your choice.
Marinate the chicken with the first marinade by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients of the second marinade in a bowl and transfer the chicken, bell peppers and onions into this smooth mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Best to refrigerate overnight.
Put the chicken on a skewer along with bell peppers and onions. Arrange them the way you like. Remember to soak the bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent the skewer from getting burnt.
Brush oil on the chicken and also to the grate or grilling plate, whatever you are using for grilling to prevent the chicken from sticking.
Preheat the oven at 400 F and grill the chicken tikka for 30 minutes; 15 minutes on each side.
Serve hot with Mint chutney, raw onions and some salad. Don’t forget to squeeze some lemon on the Tikka.