Are you craving Chinese food? Here’s our Chicken Manchurian recipe 😊
Drizzled with some amazing sauces to elevate the flavor and tossed with fresh spring onions and green chilies, Chicken Manchurian is sure a guilty pleasure. Team it up with fried rice or delicious noodles or have them as an appetizer.
Bone chicken cut into cubes – 500gms
Bell Peppers cut into cubes – 1 cup
Finely chopped onions – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped garlic – 2 cloves
Finely chopped spring onions – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilies – 3-4
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
White vinegar – 1 tbsp
Red chili sauce – 2 tbsp
Green chilies sauce – 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Spring onions greens – 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Corn flour – 1/4 cup + 1 1/2tbsp
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut into cubes. Take a bowl, add the chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste and salt and keep it aside.
Take another bowl, add all-purpose flour, corn flour, 1 tsp of soya sauce and salt. Add water little by little and mix gently with a whisk to remove lumps.
Heat oil in a wok and once the oil is hot, dip the chicken pieces in this mixture and deep fry until golden brown. To have a complete crispy manchurian double fry them.
In another wok, add 2 tbsp of oil.
Add garlic and fry for a few seconds. Make sure you are on high flame.
Add onions, spring onions and green chilies and fry again quickly.
Add bell peppers. You can use all mixed colored bell peppers, if you desire.
Cook the peppers until crisp.
Now add soya sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce and green chili sauce, black pepper powder and salt as required. Go easy on the salt as all of the above sauces already have some salt in them.
Mix 1 1/2 tbsp of corn flour into about 1/2 a cup water and pour it into the wok. Mix well and this helps in making the sauce thicker.
Now add the chicken and mix well. Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens and serve immediately.
You can serve them with Fried rice or noodles or have them as an appetizer.
• Button Mushrooms – 500 grams
• Finely chopped Onions – ½ Cup
• Finely chopped Garlic – 9-1- large cloves
• Olive Oil – 3-4 tbsp
• Extra Virgin Chili Pepper Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
• Fresh Thyme – 1 tbsp
• Finely chopped Parsley – few springs
• Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
• Salt as required Method:
• Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, strain the water and immediately pat dry. This helps the mushroom from blackening. I like to remove the stems completely. You can just trim them.
• Heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
• Add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
• Add the finely chopped garlic and saute for another minute.
• Now add the mushrooms and fry well until they are lightly roasted.
• Once they are lightly roasted, add salt and black pepper powder.
• Continue to cook them until they are done on low flame for about 10 minutes uncovered.
• About 5 minutes into cooking, add the fresh thyme and finely chopped parsley. You can add more and any herbs you like.
• Lastly, add in extra virgin chili pepper olive oil depending on your spice level and mix.
• Serve hot with some Alfredo pasta and a piece of chicken or with some rice and fish or any other combinations you may like.