• Button Mushrooms – 500 grams
• Finely chopped Onions – ½ Cup
• Finely chopped Garlic – 9-1- large cloves
• Olive Oil – 3-4 tbsp
• Extra Virgin Chili Pepper Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
• Fresh Thyme – 1 tbsp
• Finely chopped Parsley – few springs
• Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
• Salt as required Method:
• Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, strain the water and immediately pat dry. This helps the mushroom from blackening. I like to remove the stems completely. You can just trim them.
• Heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
• Add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
• Add the finely chopped garlic and saute for another minute.
• Now add the mushrooms and fry well until they are lightly roasted.
• Once they are lightly roasted, add salt and black pepper powder.
• Continue to cook them until they are done on low flame for about 10 minutes uncovered.
• About 5 minutes into cooking, add the fresh thyme and finely chopped parsley. You can add more and any herbs you like.
• Lastly, add in extra virgin chili pepper olive oil depending on your spice level and mix.
• Serve hot with some Alfredo pasta and a piece of chicken or with some rice and fish or any other combinations you may like.
Aloo Gobi – a lethal combination!
Aloo-gobi by Mum is one of our favorites. We are sure you will love this one.
Aloo Gobi Dry Image Credit: Mujahid Khaleel
Potato – 1 large
Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Green chillies – 2-3
Garlic finely chopped – 4-5 small cloves
Cumin seeds – 3/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – a pinch
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Boil and peel the potato. Cut into cubes
Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them thoroughly with hot water adding a little salt and turmeric powder. Then boil them with some water. Do not over cook. It should be crisp. ( you can microwave them too)
Heat oil in a Kadai. Add cumin seeds and wait until it splutters
Add finely chopped garlic and fry for a few seconds
Add the cauliflower florets and roast for sometime. Then add the potatoes
Add the green chillies and all the powders including salt
Toss it well and make sure the potatoes and cauliflower are coated well with all the masalas
Roast for few more minutes. The cauliflower should still be nice and crisp