8 years and counting! Happy 8th birthday to Noorsrecipes! A journey of feel-good chemicals, nostalgia that brought back pleasant memories, and super indulgent recipes by Mum. We are thankful to everyone for all the great feedback and love that we have received.
The brainchild of three sisters, Noorsrecipes is an ode and a dedication to our Mother, who was the strongest force in our lives and will be forever. Nothing brings people together than good food! We hope to continue this awesome journey of sharing Mum’s recipes and love of food.
• Button Mushrooms – 500 grams
• Finely chopped Onions – ½ Cup
• Finely chopped Garlic – 9-1- large cloves
• Olive Oil – 3-4 tbsp
• Extra Virgin Chili Pepper Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
• Fresh Thyme – 1 tbsp
• Finely chopped Parsley – few springs
• Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
• Salt as required Method:
• Wash the mushrooms thoroughly, strain the water and immediately pat dry. This helps the mushroom from blackening. I like to remove the stems completely. You can just trim them.
• Heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
• Add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
• Add the finely chopped garlic and saute for another minute.
• Now add the mushrooms and fry well until they are lightly roasted.
• Once they are lightly roasted, add salt and black pepper powder.
• Continue to cook them until they are done on low flame for about 10 minutes uncovered.
• About 5 minutes into cooking, add the fresh thyme and finely chopped parsley. You can add more and any herbs you like.
• Lastly, add in extra virgin chili pepper olive oil depending on your spice level and mix.
• Serve hot with some Alfredo pasta and a piece of chicken or with some rice and fish or any other combinations you may like.