Ramadan, the holy month is here — A month of blessings and forgiveness.
Here’s Mutton Kheema Puffs recipe to make your Iftar super special and a real treat 🙂 Stay blessed!
- Mutton Kheema / minced meat – 1 cup
- Pastry sheets – 1 packet
- Finely chopped onion – 1 medium-sized
- Finely chopped tomato – 1 small
- Finely chopped green chilies – 2
- Finely chopped coriander leaves / cilantro – 2tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Melted butter for brushing – 3-4 tbsp
- Flour – 3 tbsp
- Water – 2-3 tbsp
- Remove the pastry sheets from the freezer and allow to thaw as per the instructions on the packet.
- Heat a little oil in a Kadai/ wok. Add the finely chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the green chilies and all the powders, including salt.
- Add the kheema and fry for some time.
- Cook on medium flame, stirring occasionally until the kheema is done.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Remove from fire and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take 3 tbsp of flour, add a little water, and make a smooth paste.
- Cut the pastry sheets into squares. (First cut the sheet into strips and then into squares)
- Apply this paste on all the sides of the squares. Fill in the squares with kheema. Now fold it into half and seal it. The paste applied on all sides will help in sealing.
- Take a baking tray and apply some melted butter. Place all the puffs on the tray and brush some melted butter on the top.
- Allow it to bake for half an hour. After 15 minutes, brush some more butter on top.
- Serve these hot golden-brown puffs with some pudina chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Chickpeas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 large cloves
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili (Optional) – 2
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro- 1/2 cup
- Parsley – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Soak chickpeas overnight in large bowl with water.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add all the ingredients from onions to salt with about 2-3 tablespoons of chickpea into the mixer and grind into smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Grind the remaining chickpeas into a slightly coarse paste with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer to the same bowl.
- Mix well. Make small balls and flatten them. Preheat the oven at 375 degeee Fahrenheit.
- Apply some oil on a baking tray and arrange the falafel.
- Brush some oil on the top of the falafel. Place the tray in the middle rack. Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Flip the falafels, brush some more oil and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with Pita breads.
How to serve falafel with Pita Bread:
- Cut a pita bread into 2 halves. Apply some hummus inside.
- Arrange 2-3 falafels, lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes
- Add some tahini, hummus, or mayonnaise on top and relish 🙂