Parathas would make a great start for the day. Mum would make parathas of all types – aloo, methi, cabbage, radish, and paneer.
Miss the yummy taste. But, here’s Didi’s hand at Methi paratha 🙂
Pic Courtesy: Mujhahid Khaleel
- Wheat flour – 3 parts
- Gram flour – 1 part
- Methi leaves – 1 cup
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 4-5
- Salt – as required
- Wash and finely chop the methi leaves. Mix the same with wheat and gram flour
- Finely chop the green chilies and crush them along with jeera. Add the same to the flour. Add salt.
- Make the dough by adding water little by little.
- Knead it well by applying some oil.
- Leave is covered for about 30 minutes.
- Roll it into thick parathas.
- Shallow fry on both sides with oil or butter.
- Serve hot with any curry or pickle.
Mummy’s delicious Paratha’s would kick start our day 🙂
From aloo to paneer, Mum made the most amazing Parathas for us.
Here is our favourite aloo paratha 🙂
For the dough
- Wheat flour – 1 ¾ cup
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
For the stuffing
- Potatoes – ½ kg
- Green chillies – 8
- Ginger-garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Finely cut coriander leaves
Cook potatoes. Peel and mash
Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed potatoes
Make medium sized balls from the dough. Flatten each ball and put the filling inside. Close and seal well all around. Press and dredge in wheat flour and roll out into thick parathas. Heat ‘tawa’ and fry the parathas using oil. Serve hot with curd or ketchup 🙂