Everybody’s favorite, sweet and salt biscuits melts in your mouth and you can’t just get enough of it! Mum would bake biscuits for us and we loved sharing it with our friends.
Try them out 🙂
- Maida/All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool. Sieve the maida, baking powder, rice flour, salt and cardamom powder together to be evenly distributed
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and mix well the powdered sugar
- Add the melted butter little by little to make a dough. It will be a little crumpled. Do not add more butter, milk or water to make a soft dough.
- Leave the dough for about 15 – 20 mins covered in a cloth, kept in a closed vessel. This will make it easier to make a small ball and flatten it a bit .
- You can give the biscuits any shape you like. Arrange them on a biscuit tray
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Bake in the middle rack for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Broil it for a minute. It gives a nice texture on the top. Remove it from oven and store it in air tight containers once it cools.
The biscuits turned out to be awesome 🙂 I ran out of butter so added some ghee and few spoons of milk. But I’m sure the original recipe would have tasted better. I’ll make many more batches of biscuits now 🙂 thank you for sharing the recipe !