For all Fishtarians out there, this one is Mum’s fish fry (recd chilli masala) which is lip-smacking!
Try it out 🙂
- Fish of your choice – 2 pieces
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – enough to mix the red chilli powder and salt
- Garlic crushed – 2-3 cloves (optional)
- Oil to shallow fry
- You can use any fish of your choice. Here I have used Tilapia.
- Wash the fish thoroughly.
- Mix the red chilli powder and salt with enough vinegar to make a paste.
- Do not add water.
- (The salt and red chilli powder ratio is always 1:2)
- Apply the paste to the fish and allow to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a tava and shallow fry the fish on both sides until cooked.
- Fish takes lesser time to cook, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.