Potatoes are to die for! And when the combination is Potato and Peas, it’s simply heavenly!
Try the simple and enjoyable Aloo Matar ricpe 🙂
- Potato – 2 medium sized
- Peas – 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1 medium sized
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Finely chop the onion and grind tomatoes to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a cooker and fry the onions for sometime. Add ginger garlic paste and fry both till golden brown. (For one to make a good masala the onions should be rightly fried. If not fried properly, you will feel the onions as it is while eating and if burnt, obviously the taste would completely differ. Just add very little water immediately if the masala is getting burnt. )
- Add the tomatoes and fry for sometime. Slit the. green chillies and add it too.
- Add all the powders as well as salt and fry the masala till raw smell goes and oil separates. (once the oil separates it means the masala is done.)
- Add sugar as this will reduce the sourness of the tomatoes.
- Add the potatoes and peas and fry for sometime.
- Add a little water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with hot rotis .
Simple and delicious!
i made this today shazi and everyone at home were gaga over it….
Thank You so much Shriya!