- Chicken – 500 gms
- Spinach/ Palak – 2 bunches
- Onion finely chopped – 1 medium
- Tomato finely chopped – 1 medium
- Garlic finely chopped – 1 large clove
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilies – 3-4
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt As required
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and marinate it with yogurt, ginger garlic paste and all the powders including salt.
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add the cumin seeds, once it splutters add finely chopped garlic, fry for a few seconds and then add the finely chopped onion and fry till slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for sometime.
- Now add the marinated chicken and mix well and allow to cook.
- Meanwhile wash and coarsely chop the spinach. Blanch the spinach. ( Boil some water in a vessel. Once it comes to boil add the spinach and cook for about 2 mintues. Strain the water and immediately place it in a bowl with very cold water for 2 mintues. Remove from the bowl)
- Grind the spinach along with green chilies to a smooth paste.
- The chicken would be almost cooked in the masala by now. Add the spinach paste and lemon juice to the chicken. Adjust salt if required. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 mintues on low flame.
- Serve hot with roti or rice