- All purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable/ corn / canola/ olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Over riped bananas – 2 large
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Walnuts/ pecans chopped – 1/2 cup
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mom would always sieve 3 times.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Liquidize eggs and sugar along with vanilla essence with the help of a whisk in a large bowl. Eggs should be at room temperature.
- Add bananas and oil and mix in the same bowl.
- Now add half of the dry ingredients and milk and fold in. Now add the other half and fold in again.
- Add walnut or pecans and mix slowly.
- Grease a bread tin with butter and dust with all purpose flour so that the bread comes off easily once baked.
- Pour the batter into the bread tin.
- Place in the oven (middle rack) and bake for about 60 to 75 minutes depending on the oven until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- After about 30 minutes of baking, cover the top of the tin with aluminum foil so that the bread doesn’t brown too much on top.
- Remove from oven and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool before cutting.