Cinco De Mayo Or the 5th of May is a holiday to celebrate the victory of the Mexican’s Army over with the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Mexicans celebrate this day with their traditional and authentic recipes.
I love Mexican food and trying new recipes just like mom. Here’s a recipe of my version of Lamb Tacos.
- Hard Taco Shells – 8
- Minced Lamb / Kheema – 500 gms
- Finely chopped onion – 1 medium sized
- Finely chopped tomato – 1 large
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Taco seasoning – 3 -4 tbsp
- Taco Sauce – 1 cup
- Lettuce chopped – 2 cups
- Cherry tomatoes – 12 -15
- Grated cheddar /mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai / wok
- Add finely chopped onions and fry till slightly brown
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until golden brown
- Now, add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till soft
- Add the kheema and fry well for 2 minutes
- Add the taco seasoning about 3-4 tbsp and salt as required
- Cook on medium flame until kheema is done
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Place the tacos on a baking tray and bake for about 5 minutes. This is done just to heat the tacos.
- Add some kheema/ minced lamb mixture to the taco
- Add some taco sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and gated cheese. I also like to add some Mayo.
- You can also add an array of toppings like avocado, sour cream, mustard sauce, jalapeño, guacamole, cilantro, olives and list goes on.
My son loves topping his tacos with salsa 🙂
Do try it out!