Are you planning a barbecue party? Try this succulent, spicy, and delicious shrimp/prawn tikkas 🙂
Impossible to resist and super indulgent, they will melt in your mouth.
- Shrimp/ prawns – 35-40 pieces
- Bell pepper (green red yellow) – 1 each small size
- Onions – 1 small
- Skewers – 7-8
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2-3 tbsp
- Hung curd – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash the shrimp thoroughly with water. Transfer it to a colander to drain all the water out.
- You can use bell peppers and onions and cut into cubes. This is totally your choice. I haven’t used any today 🙂
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the marinade on the shrimp and (veggies if any)
- Arrange the shrimp on a skewer (along with bell peppers and onions). Remember to soak the bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent the skewer from getting Burnt.
- Preheat the grill at 450-degree Fahrenheit.
- Brush oil on the shrimp and on the grilling plate to prevent the shrimp from sticking to it. You can also use a pan instead of a grill.
- Grill the shrimp for 5 minutes on each side. Make sure the grill is really hot. This also prevents the shrimp from sticking to the grill.
- Serve hot with mint chutney. Serve it as a starter at lunch or dinner or make shrimp/prawn tikka at a barbecue party.