Iftar calls for some crispy, crunchy, delicious fried snacks. And what better than chicken pakora! Here’s how you can make these yummy chicken pakoras.
- Boneless chicken – 350 gms
- Ginger-garlic paste – 3/4 tsp
- Besan/Gram flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt – as required
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and cut into long thin strips.
- Marinate with ginger-garlic paste and some salt. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Take 1 cup besan and sift over a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Add rice flour, all the powders, and salt (remember not to add too much salt, as you have already added some in the chicken) into the same bowl and mix.
- Now add water little by little using a whisk to make a smooth batter. Make sure the batter is of medium consistency, not too thick or thin.
- Heat oil in a kadai / wok.
- Once the oil is hot, dip in the chicken strips into the batter and deep fry until golden brown on medium heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with spicy green chutney, or children will just love these with ketchup.