Yummy! Mackerel or Bangda fry is one of our favourites. This is one of Mum’s simplest and delicious fish dishes. And what’s more it’s easy peasy 🙂
You can have it with hot phulkas,dal or steamed rice. We’re sure it will stay with you forever.
- Mackerel/ Bangda – 4 pieces
- Red chilli powder – 4 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp or as per taste
- Vinegar – enough to mix the red chilli powder and salt
- Oil to shallow fry
- I buy Mackerel which is completely cleaned and head cut off. Wash them thoroughly.
- Make deep slits on both sides of the fish. This helps in coating the marinade well into the fish.
- Mix the salt and red chili powder with enough vinegar to make a paste.
- Do not add water.
- Apply the paste to the Mackerel and allow to marinate for at least an hour .
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the mackerel on both sides until cooked and golden brown about 10 minutes each on medium flame on both sides.
- Serve hot with some stir fried veggies or rice.
Note: This is the simplest masala. If you want to, you can add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder , cumin powder, pepper powder as per your taste to the marinade.