Noor’s Recipes turned one year today. Here’s moms yummy Mutton Cutlet recipe. Enjoy with your family and friends!
- Minced mutton / Mutton Kheema – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1 small
- Ginger garlic paste – 3/4 tsp
- Green chilies – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Boiled potato – 1 medium sized
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Egg beaten – 1
- Maida/Flour – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp + for shallow fry.
- Salt – as required
- In a pan add about 2-3 tbsp of oil and saute the finely chopped onions.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies ( better to add green chili paste instead of chopped green chilies ) and saute for dome time
- Add the minced mutton, salt and all the powders and fry them well.
- Add some water and cook until the kheema is done. Keep stirring. Do not add too much water and over cook as the kheema would become a paste.
Once done the oil begins to separate.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl
- Mix the boiled potato, finely chopped coriander leaves and corn flour to the kheema mixture and Shape them into cutlets.
- Take 2 plates. Add 1 beaten egg into 1 plate and some maida/flour in another plate.
- Coat the cutlets first with egg then with the flour on both sides and shallow fry them on a tawa. ( In a third plate add some bread crumps or semolina/ Suji and coat in the end and then shallow fry or you can stop at coating with just egg and flour. )
- Shallow fry on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Squeeze some lemon on top.
- Serve with mint chutney, cucumber and tomato slices along with some French fries or corn.