- Carrots – 1 kg
- Ghee – 8-9 tbsp
- Milk – 4 cups
- Khoya grated – 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Almonds – 8
- Cashews – 8
- Pistachios – 10
- Raisins – 15
- Peel and grate the carrots
- Blanch the almonds peel and chop. Chop the cashews and pistachios as well.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated carrots. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and cardamom powder and cook on medium heat till the milk evaporates and carrots are cooked. Add sugar (you can add more sugar if you want depending on your taste) and khoya and cook till the sugar melts, stirring continuously.
- Again continue to cook until it forms a lump and the ghee starts to separate.
- In a small pan, add ghee and roast the almonds, pistachios and cashews. In the end, add the raisins and roast for a few more seconds and add it to the halwa.
- Make sure you don’t burn them. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or just enjoy the gajar halwa as it is.