- Chickpeas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 large cloves
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili (Optional) – 2
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro- 1/2 cup
- Parsley – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Soak chickpeas overnight in large bowl with water.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add all the ingredients from onions to salt with about 2-3 tablespoons of chickpea into the mixer and grind into smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Grind the remaining chickpeas into a slightly coarse paste with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer to the same bowl.
- Mix well. Make small balls and flatten them. Preheat the oven at 375 degeee Fahrenheit.
- Apply some oil on a baking tray and arrange the falafel.
- Brush some oil on the top of the falafel. Place the tray in the middle rack. Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Flip the falafels, brush some more oil and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with Pita breads.
How to serve falafel with Pita Bread:
- Cut a pita bread into 2 halves. Apply some hummus inside.
- Arrange 2-3 falafels, lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes
- Add some tahini, hummus, or mayonnaise on top and relish 🙂