- Mutton – 500 gms
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Green chili – 4
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Wash the mutton thoroughly and keep it aside. Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add in the mutton pieces.
- Fry well till the water of the mutton is dried up and the raw smell goes. Meanwhile, roughly chop the onions and tomatoes, add them to the mixer jar along with all the ingredients from green chilies to garam masala powder and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add this masala to the mutton with turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry well till the masala is well incorporated to the mutton and oil starts to separate.
- Finally add a cup of water and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook for about 3 whistles on high flame and then for about 15 minutes on very low flame.
- You can also cook this in an open vessel till the mutton is soft.
- Serve hot with roti.