One of our all time favourites! Palak Paneer is a dish that will leave you asking for more.
Mum would make Palak Paneer on Sundays for lunch and that would make our weekends so much more happy 🙂 Do try it out!
- Paneer cut into cubes – 300 gms
- Palak / Spinach – 2 bunches
- Methi / fenugreek leaves – few springs
- Savaa / Dill leaves – few springs
- Tomato – 1 small
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Green chilies – 5-6
- Garlic -3-4 large cloves
- Onion finely chopped – 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds / Zeera – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Thoroughly wash the green leaves. Coarsely chop spinach leaves from two bunches.
- Blanch (boil the water along with a little salt, then cook the leaves for 2 minutes) along with methi and dill leaves, tomato, 1/2 inch ginger, 1 large garlic clove and green chilies.
- Strain and immediately add cold water. Once all the cold water is drained out, transfer to a mixer jar.
- Blend the blanched ingredients along with lemon juice to a coarse paste.
- Shallow fry paneer cubes till slightly brown and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Now add 2 tbsp of finely chopped onion and fry till light brown. Then add 2 large cloves of finely chopped garlic and fry.
- Mix in palak paste, add some salt and cook till well mixed for about ten minutes.
- Mix in fried paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Serve immediately. Add paneer just before serving.
- Serve with roti, naan or kulcha.