Parathas would make a great start for the day. Mum would make parathas of all types – aloo, methi, cabbage, radish, and paneer.
Miss the yummy taste. But, here’s Didi’s hand at Methi paratha 🙂
- Wheat flour – 3 parts
- Gram flour – 1 part
- Methi leaves – 1 cup
- Garlic – 6-7 cloves
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 4-5
- Salt – as required
- Wash and finely chop the methi leaves. Mix the same with wheat and gram flour
- Finely chop the green chilies and crush them along with jeera. Add the same to the flour. Add salt.
- Make the dough by adding water little by little.
- Knead it well by applying some oil.
- Leave is covered for about 30 minutes.
- Roll it into thick parathas.
- Shallow fry on both sides with oil or butter.
- Serve hot with any curry or pickle.
I love parathas. Haven’t made any in ages. You’ve inspired me.
Thank You! Glad you liked them 🙂