Mutton Sukha or Mutton Dry is a dish that you can’t get enough of! Delectable, and spicy, Mum would make Mutton Sukha quite often. The various flavors are a treat you can’t resist!
- Mutton – 300 gms
- Tomato – 1 large
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 5-6
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper corns – 10-12
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 12-15
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp or as required
- Salt – as required
- Wash the mutton thoroughly and cut into small pieces
- Grind all the ingredients from tomato to pepper corns including salt using very little water into smooth paste
- Heat little oil in a pressure cooker and add the mutton pieces and fry for sometime. ( mutton leaves some amount of water, fry until this water is dried up)
- Add the ground masala to the mutton and fry till the oil separates
- Add a little water and pressure cook till the mutton is soft and tender. You can prepare in an open vessel too instead of the cooker
- Heat a little oil in the Kadai. Add the curry leaves then the cooked mutton and roast it. Roast it well and make it completely dry. Make sure not to burn
- Serve it with Dal and Rice or Roti
Adding curry leaves gives a different flavour to the mutton.
There is green chili, red chili and pepper added to this dish . The spicier the better.