Tempting Palak Paokdas to go with your evening tea!
Try it out 🙂
- Palak/ Spinach – 2 cups
- Gram flour / Besan – 1 cup
- Onion thinly sliced – 1 small
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 3-4
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and finely chop it. Thinly slice the onion
- Heat oil in a Kadai for deep fry
- Mix the gram flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl
- Add hot oil to this mixture. ( the hot oil and rice flour helps in making crispy pakodas)
- Add the spinach, onion and coriander leaves ( finely chopped) to the bowl and mix
- The spinach will leave some water so add water if required
- Make sure the batter is not watery. It should be of dropping consistency
- If the batter becomes a little water add a little gram flour. Make the pakodas immediately after mixing the batter
- Prepare the pakodas by dropping the mixture little by little into the Kadai and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve these crispy pakodas with tomato ketchup or pudina chutney.