Sharing with all you foodies Mum’s love for baking! Here’s the classic walnut brownie recipe 🙂 Loaded with nuts and chocolate, we’re sure you’ll love it.
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 4
- Chopped Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Keep all ingredients ready with the above mentioned measurements before you start preparing the brownie.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Sift all purpose flour and cocoa powder separately to avoid any lumps.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. If refrigerated keep them out for about an hour before baking.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and dust with flour so the brownie comes out easily.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Once the butter is cooled slightly , pour it in a mixing bowl and add the sugar. Break the eggs one by one into the mixing bowl and add vanilla essence.
- Now slowly start mixing the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Do not beat.
- Add cocoa powder and mix.
- Now add the flour and fold in slowly into the mixture.
- Lastly add a little flour to the walnut so they don’t settle to the bottom and slowly mix in.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tray and bake for about 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Baking time may vary depending on the oven.
- Remove from oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- Serve the Walnut Brownie with vanilla ice-cream, chocolate sauce and garnish with some chopped walnuts and vanilla wafers.