- Dill leaves finely chopped – 1 cup
- Gram flour/Besan – 1 cup
- Onion thinly sliced – 1 medium
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chillies finely chopped – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Wash the dill leaves thoroughly and finely chop.
- Heat oil in a Kadai for deep fry
- Mix the gram flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add hot oil to this mixture. (The hot oil and rice flour helps in making crispy pakodas)
- Add the dill leaves and onion to the bowl and mix
- Now slowly add water little by little to make the batter.
- Make sure the batter is not watery. It should be of dropping consistency
- If the batter becomes a little watery, add a little gram flour. Make the pakodas immediately after mixing the batter.
- Prepare the pakodas by dropping the mixture little by little into the kadai and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve these crispy pakodas hot with red chili and green chili sauce.