- Seviyan/ vermicelli (thin) – 600 gms
- Kheema (Lamb) – 500 gms
- Finely chopped onions – 2 medium
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Slit green chilies – 4-5
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Oil – 3/4 cup
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon – 3 small pieces
- Cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf – 2
- Star Anise – 1
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 3 1/2 glasses
- Salt – as required
- Dry roast the seviyaan, keep aside. Make sure not to burn them.
- Heat oil in a big vessel. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and star anise.
- Add onions and fry till slightly brown. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till it melts. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and Garam Masala powder along with green chilies and mix well.
- Once the masala is done and forms a lump add the kheema. Fry well till all the water dries up.
- Add salt as required and cook till the kheema is done.
- Add water and bring it to boil. Now add 1/4 cup of peas.
- Once the water comes to boil add the seviyan little by little mixing gently.
- Finely chop coriander leaves and add to the seviyan and keep it for dum on low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy
You can also add some beans carrot and potatoes. Make it for Iftar and even on Eid for breakfast.