- Moong Dal / split green gram – 1 cup
- Dill leaves – I bunch
- Onion – 1 small
- Tomato – 1 small
- Garlic – 4+2 flakes
- Green chilies- 4-5
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 9-10
- Red chilies – 3
- Salt – as required
- Roast moong dal, wash and keep aside.
- Wash the dill leaves thoroughly and finely chop them.
- Bring water to boil, add dal , turmeric powder and a few drops of oil.
- Cook in medium heat till it begins to split.
- Now add cumin seeds, thinly chopped onions, slit green chilies, garlic, finely chopped tomato and dill leaves.
- Cover and cook on low flame till tomatoes melt and dill leaves are cooked. Add salt and mix well.
- For tempering heat 2 tsp of oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds, once it splutters add finely chopped garlic , curry leaves and broken red chilies.
- Add them to the dal.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.