Sharing with you a simple, easy and quick recipe of chicken soup which you can relish this winter. This warm, delicious bowl of chicken soup is perfect for your Sunday evening.
- Chicken – 9-10 bone pieces
- Roasted Coarse Sooji/ Semolina – 1/3 Cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Thinly sliced Onion – ¼ Cup
- Thinly sliced Tomato – ¼ Cup
- Slit Green chilies – 2
- Coriander leaves/ Cilantro – ½ Cup
- Cloves – 2-3
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick cut into 2-3 pieces
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 4 glasses
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Add onions and saute till translucent.
- Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and add them to the onions. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well until the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they are soft.
- Now add the roasted sooji/ semolina and fry for about a minute.
- Add in all the powders, slit green chilies and salt and fry for another minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Finely chop some coriander leaves and add them.
- Close the cooker and cook for about 5-6 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Slowly remove the chicken pieces into a bowl and shred them.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the soup. Heat again before you serve it.
- Sprinkle some coriander and mint leaves and serve hot.