One of our favorites is curd rice 🙂 Some days, Mum would make Bisi Bele Bath and Curd rice with potato chips for lunch. That would leave us drooling!
Here’s how you can add some flavor to the humble curd rice.
- Cooked rice – 2 bowls
- Curd / Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
- Whole Milk – 1/3 cup
- Cucumber – ¼ cup
- Grated carrot – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds – ¼ cup
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Rai / Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal/Black Gram dal – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2
- Curry leave – 9-10
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt a required
- Take 1 ½ cups of yogurt in a bowl, add salt to taste and whisk to make it smooth. I like my yogurt to be smooth J
- Take a large bowl, add the cooked rice, yogurt, milk, cucumber, grated carrot, cilantro, pomegranate seeds (serve some for garnish) and mix everything well.
- Finely chop the ½ piece ginger and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add Mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the black gram dal, broken red chilies, finely chopped ginger, curry leaves and fry well (make sure not to burn them).
- Add it to the rice and mix well. Garnish with a few pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with papad and any pickle of your choice.