Simple evening snack, these Cabbage Pakodas leave you wanting for more!
Try it out 🙂
- Cabbage shredded – 1 cup
- Onion thinly sliced – 1/2 cup
- Methi leaves finely chopped – handful ( optional)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Gram flour / Besan – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 4-5
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Hot oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a Kadai. Once the oil is hot add it to the bowl. By then the cabbage would have released some water.
- Add a little water now and make a thick batter. Make sure not to add too much water as the cabbage mixture would leave some water.
- Drop small portions of the batter with your hands into the Kadai to make pakodas.
- Fry them on medium flame until they are crisp. (The rice flour and hot oil helps in making a crispy pakoda).
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or green chutney.