- Rajma – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion – 1 large
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 3-4
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Soak Rajma overnight, wash and pressure cook (add 4-5 cups of water) for about 3-4 whistles on high flame and then on low flame for an hour. Strain the rajma and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan . Fry chopped onions till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and chilies and fry well.
- Roughly chop the tomato and grind. Cook until the masala separates from oil.
- Add salt , turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the Rajma , red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add the stock and cook until a thick gravy is formed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Best served with basmati rice. You can also serve it with zeera rice or rotis.