Dead simple with loads of protein and flavor, here’s fish masala recipe that you can cook for your family on weekends. Do try it out 🙂
- Fish of your choice – 4 pieces
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Thyme dried – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – enough to mix all the spices
- Oil to shallow fry
- You can use any fish of your choice – haddock, cod, tilapia or king fish.
- Wash the fish thoroughly.
- Mix all the powders and salt with enough vinegar to make a paste.
- Do not add water.
- Apply the paste to the fish and allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a tava and shallow fry the fish on both sides until cooked.
- Flip the fish carefully. Add some thyme on top and fry. This is optional but adds a wonderful flavor to the fish.
- Fish takes lesser time to cook, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with potato rice and some grilled vegetables or anything of your choice.