Mum would make mouth-watering home made paneer and prepare the most delicious Paneer dishes.
Kadai Paneer is one of them. Here is the recipe.
- Paneer cut into cubes – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped tomato – 1 large
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Onions sliced or cut into cubes – 1 small
- Capsicum sliced or cut into cubes – 1 small
- Julienned Ginger – 1 tsp
- coriander leaves – 2tbsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Add finely chopped onions and fry till slightly brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till soft. Add all the powders and salt and fry well.
- Add enough water and make a thick gravy. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another Kadai. Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add coriander seeds and broken dry red chillies.
- Add the sliced or cubed onions and capsicum and fry. Do not over cook.
- Add the thick gravy and mix well.
- Add the paneer pieces, ginger Juliennes and chopped coriander leaves. Cook for a few minutes. Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Serve hot with rotis.