- Potatoes – 4 large
- Onions finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Ginger green chili paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – 3 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for shallow fry
- Salt as required
- Chole prepared out of 2 cups of chickpeas
- Green chutney
- Date and tamarind chutney
- Onion finely chopped – 1 large
- Chaat masala
- Cumin powder
- Red chili powder
- Boil the potatoes. Peel them and mash.You can also grate them.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add 2 tbsp of finely onions. Fry till translucent and add ginger chili paste. Fry well. Add turmeric and cumin powder, coriander leaves and some salt as required. Mix well. Remove from fire and allow to cool
- Once the potato mixture cools down, make balls, flatten them and shape them into tikkis
- In a pan, shallow fry the tikkis on both sides till golden brown.
- Place 2 tikkis on a plate. Pour generous amount of hot Chole on top. Add green chutney, date and tamarind chutney, some fine chopped onions, sprinkle some chaat masala, a pinch of cumin powder and red chili powder and lastly some sev.
- This recipe can serve 8-10 people.
Best idea to use chhole to make allu tikki.