Summer vacation is here, and my kids want to bake more. I remember we three sisters helping mom bake. Baking and cooking together is fun and a great way to bond. Just feel like I’m living those memories all over again. Try baking this simple recipe and make memories with your kids 🙂
- All-purpose Flour/ Maida – 2 1/2 cups
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Whole milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Mini unsweetened chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Keep all ingredients ready with the above-mentioned measurements before you start baking.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt thrice so that all are very well combined. Add chocolate chips, mix into the flour mixture and keep aside.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. If refrigerated, keep them out for about an hour before baking.
- Line the muffin tray with paper cake cups. If you don’t have them, grease the tray with butter and dust with maida so that the muffins come off easily once baked.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven at 375-degree Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
- Add cooled butter into a bowl, to that add in sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence
- Mix it slowly with a whisk.
- Now add 1/3rd flour and fold with a spatula. Then add 1/3 milk and fold in again.
- Follow the same step until all the flour and milk are used up.
- Pour this mixture into the paper cake cups and bake at 375 F or 190 C for about 20 -25 minutes. Time may vary for each oven.
- Check if the muffin is baked with a toothpick. The muffin is done if it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Serve muffins for breakfast or have them as an evening snack.
- This recipe makes 12 muffins.