- Potatoes medium sized – 4
- Carrots finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- Peas shelled – 1/4 cup
- Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
- Onions finely chopped – 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Slit green chilies – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Pav – 6
- Butter for frying
- Salt as required
- Chaat masala – As required
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1/4
- Green chilies finely chopped – 2-3
- Onions finely chopped – 1 large
- Lemon cut into pieces – 1 large
- Boil , peel and mash the potatoes. Add 1 cup water and pressure cool all the vegetables until tender.
- Open the pressure cooker and mash all the vegetables gently
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a kadai. Fry onions, ginger garlic paste until they are brown.
- Grind tomatoes and grind then . Add all the powders, pav bhaji masala and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the boiled and mashed potatoes and vegetables to this masala.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies and chaat masala.
- Melt butter on a griddle, divide the Pav into 2 and fry them by pressing them a little.
- Serve hot with bhaji, finely chopped onions and some lemon
Hi, I made this for the first time and it was delicious and a huge hit. I want to make it again but my meat-loving husband is asking me to add meat or chicken. Do you have a suggestion as to how and when to do that to this recipe (or do you not recommend it with meat)? Thanks so much!
Thank you so much for trying out our recipe! We’re glad you and your husband enjoyed it. If you’re looking to add meat, you can try our kheema pav recipe – https://noorsrecipes.com/2015/10/22/spicy-kheema-pav/