Quick and easy to make, corn rice is a favorite among the kids.
Didi makes another awesome dish from Mummy’s recipe book.
- Cooked Rice -1 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Sweet corn – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Butter / Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- In a kadai, add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add in the onions. Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Add the sweet corn, pepper powder salt. Fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the cooked rice. Fry again for about 2 mins.
- Serve hot with roasted papad.
Tikki fast and easy, the perfect snack for the evening.
Thank You Didi! This looks yum 🙂
Pic Courtesy: Mujahid Khaleel
- Boiled Raw banana – 1 large
- Potato boiled and peeled – 1 medium
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped- 1inch
- Green Chillies finely chopped – 2
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Bread slice -1
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – As required
- In a kadai, add oil. When heated, add cumin seeds.
- When they begin to crackle add onion. Fry for sometime.
- Add ginger and green chillies .Add raw banana, potato and peas. Add all the powders. Mix well and mash a little.
- Remove from heat and Allow to cool.
- Dip the bread slice in water, remove immediately and squeeze excess water.
- Add to the mixture. Add the corn flour as well. Mix well.
- Shape them into round tikkis.
- Shallow fry on both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Chocolate cake is simply irresistible!
Didi baked it for her cute kids, just like how Mum used to for all of us 🙂
Here’s the picture courtesy, Jeeju.
Pic Courtesy: Mujahid Khaleel
- Eggs – 4
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking POwder – 1 3/4 tsp
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Keep all ingredients ready with the above mentioned measurements before you start preparing the cake.
- If you do not have powered sugar, powder it and then measure. Here you will need 1 1/4 cup.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder thrice so that all are very well mixed.
- Softened the butter before beating. Do not melt.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. If refrigerated keep them out for about an hour before baking.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and dust with Maida so that the cake comes off easily once baked. You can miss this step if you have a greased tray.
- Preheat at 180-200 degree Celsius till it becomes hot
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy. Make sure to beat in one direction
- Beat eggs separately one by one with vanilla essence.
- Add beaten egg to the butter-sugar and mix well. Do not allow the mixture to curdle
- Mix the sieved flour to the butter-sugar-egg mixture slowly and fold to a dropping consistency. Do not allow to curdle
- Pour this mixture into the baking tray and bake for 220 degree Celsius for about 20 minutes. Time may vary for each oven.
- Check if the cake is baked with a tooth pick. The cake is done if it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place it on a wire rack and allow to cool.
Thank You Didi! Just brought back memories when Mum would bake for us.